Technology & Humans: Opportunity and Crisis
is the strategic technology consulting, security, and training division of Psych/Consult Systems.
We maintain tactical partnerships with top vendors and work with your IT staff and outside consultants, bringing to the table the consideration and management of critical, yet often-neglected Human Factors
As organizations struggle to integrate modern (and ever-changing) technology into their workplace practices, they turn to their IT staff and outside technical consultants for recommendations, and make significant investments of money, time and effort deploying that technology. But they often neglect a critical area: Human Factors.
- Frequently, resistances, cultural issues, lack of knowledge, politics, and other organizational development dynamics result in poor utilization of these expensive technologies, while the 'techies' deploying them may remain unaware of the management, communication, and education issues at work.
- Additionally, in today's 'Wild West' environment, security has become a full-time concern, particularly in the network and on the Internet, and one that, more perhaps than any other, depends on Human Factors; just consider the computer viruses and trojans still running riot through organizations despite publicity, all propagated through 'social engineering'.
- And every organization is aware of the critical need to integrate the Internet into their marketing and internal and external communications initiatives, yet effective and profitable websites are increasingly rare.
's unique contribution lies in recognizing and addressing the Human Factors involved in the effective and secure deployment of technology assets and resources, congruent with your corporate culture, personnel demographics, strategic mission, and current business climate. Our talented tech team works with your top management, your IT department, and your end users to:
- plan the right technology for your needs, in partnership with IT and outside technical consultants, fully integrated with, and sensitive to, your corporate mission, culture and available resources;
- deploy and implement the technology effectively, including all-important intensive change management, diagnosis of cultural and workplace barriers, and tailored training necessary to assure buy-in, maximal utilization, and full policy compliance;
- assure high level security, including managing the balance between security and usability, educating end users, identifying and remedying inherent weaknesses, especially 'social engineering' vulnerabilities, and increasing security policy compliance;
- design and implement an effective, creative, and profitable Web presence, with our subsidiary MoonLake CyberSmiths, using our unique multi-step planning, design, and maintenance process to convey your image and message, accomplish communications, marketing, and internal productivity goals, and gain that critical edge.
As we work together, you will:
- identify current productivity issues or competitive shortfalls that may be addressed by proper technology;
- assure that user resistances, knowledge gaps, and cultural barriers are addressed through interactive policies, corporate change and change management and our well-respected training and management development;
- aggressively remedy security vulnerabilities across the enterprise, with special attention to the critical human factors, social engineering, usability trade-offs and workarounds, etc.; and
- plan, design and implement a creative, effective Web presence.
will help your organization plan, choose, deploy, and utilize secure
technology to become more productive and competitive in the 21st century.